Day 1: Nairobi – Masai Mara
You will depart Nairobi for Masai Mara, passing through the highly agricultural highlands of the eastern escarpment of the great rift valley you will have a stopover at view point. At 2,200 meters above the sea level, views of mount Longonot hundreds of meters below on the rift valley floor are spectacular. Lake Naivasha – the highest in altitude of the rift valley lakes sparkles at a distance. Descend the escarpment to Narok Town with a quick stop over to grab yourself snacks before you proceed to Masai Mara. You will check in camp/lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Masai Mara
Breakfast at the lodge then proceed with picnic lunch for a full day game drive. Spend the day in Maasai Mara, Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary where you will high chances of spotting the Big Five – lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant. Game drives are flexible, with the option of going out with picnic lunch boxes to spend entire day in the park, or you can choose to have an early morning and late afternoon game drives. At extra cost you may visit a local Masai village to see their nomadic lifestyle; the Masai are famous for their bravery, as they have co-existed with the animals over the years or go for a Hot Air Balloon ride. Dinner and overnight in camp/lodge
Day 3: Masai Mara – Naivasha
After breakfast leave Masai Mara for Lake Naivasha arriving in the afternoon. Settle down for lunch, relax a while and then go for a boat ride in Lake Naivasha in search of hippos and the birdlife. After the boat ride you will have time to relax or take a walk in the nearby village to meet with the locals before you settle down for a delicious dinner. Dinner and overnight in lodge/camp
Day 4: Lake Naivasha – Lake Nakuru
After breakfast you will head for game walk in Crater Lake or Hell’s gate National park after which you will drive to Lake Nakuru National Park for an afternoon game drive. Besides the flamingos that the lake is famous for, there are approx 400 other species of birds visiting the lake. Also, many species of game can be found in the park including the introduced Rothschild’s giraffe, black and white rhino, waterbuck, reedbuck, lion, buffalo, leopard, baboon and many species of plains game. Dinner and overnight in camp/lodge
Day 5: Lake Nakuru – Nairobi
After your breakfast, you will depart Lake Nakuru for Nairobi. If time allows you will do a short city drive before you are transferred to the Airport for your flight.
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary